Translate

Monday 13 July 2020

A CHILD's TEA SET AND DOLL FROM TUNISIA

During Lockdown I have been sorting through some of my stored away items, and I came across this lovely dolls pottery tea set which I purchased from a stall on a large salt lake at Chott Djerid, Southern Tunisia, in 1994.
To give you an idea of the size, the cups are approximately 1" high, the plates, approximately 2" in diameter, and the teapot is 3" high.


 * * *
I also purchased this lovely hand made mother and child doll from the same stall.
The mother is 10" high.  The body of the lady is a piece of wood padded round with rag.  The arms are made in the same way.  The features are embroidered.  The child doll is made in the same way.

TUNISIA - (Mother and child)
Website Id:  (Africa - Tunisia - 001)

Carole

ENJOY!

 * * * * * * *

No comments: