Translate

Friday 1 March 2013

HAPPY ST. DAVID'S DAY! (and a walk near Elan Valley Dam

HAPPY ST. DAVID'S DAY!
(1st. MARCH)
Wishing all my friends and followers a very HAPPY ST. DAVID'S DAY!
I would also like to welcome my new followers.  I hope you will continue to enjoy my site.

I feel that  the little Welsh doll below is rather unusual, as although Welsh dolls are often shown with a harp, they are not often to be seen with a "CELTIC" harp.

I am also showing some pictures which were taken at Elan Valley, Mid. Wales, on a VERY wet and windy day last Decenber!
For more information about the dolls, please see the website.  Thank you.  Carole.
WALES (doll with Celtic harp)
(Website Id:  Europe - Wales - 0025)
WALES (A Welsh slate splitter)
(Website Id:  Europe - Wales - 0015 and 0015A)
WALES (un-catalogued)
This doll was originally a shop model which I bought in a second hand shop.  I dressed her in Welsh costume  and gave her a wig.  Originally, she did not have a head but I covered a large ball (a Welsh one, of coarse!), and my grandaughter drew the face on her.
 * * * *
CABAN COCH DAM
(One of the Dams in Elan Valley, Mid. Wales)
On a very wet and windy day!
CABAN COCH DAM
THE VISITORS CENTRE AT ELAN VALLEY
ONE OF THE LIFE-SIZE MODELS
ON DISPLAY IN THE
VISITORS CENTRE
A CLOSE-UP PICTURE OF ONE OF THE MODELS
(A worker on the Dam)
SOME INFORMATION ABOUT ELAN VALLEY:
The Dams were built during 1893-1904.  They were constructed mainly from Blue Pennant Stone quarried in South Wales. 
There is a Visitors Centre in Elan Valley where there is a Cafe, a Souvenir Shop and a very interesting display of model workers (as above).  Car Parking and Toilet facilities are also available.
There is breathtaking landscape and an abundance of wildlife to be seen around the area, which is very popular with walkers and cyclists.
 * * * * * * *





No comments: