Translate

Sunday 8 January 2017

GUATEMALA HAT/HEADDRESS

GUATEMALA HAT/HEADDRESS
* *
GUATEMALA
(SANTIAGO ATITLAN DOLL)

On my last Post I showed you some lovely Guatemalan dolls.
What a stunning hat/headdress!  My first impression was that it was a colourful headband, but it is MORE than that, as you can see from the photos below.  It really is special!
 * *
A friend of mine has sent me the following photos which she took in Guatemala, of a lady making up a hat with colourful ribbons, and with her kind  permission I have been able to show them to you here.
I am amazed at the work involved in making up the hat.  

The ladies in the photos are both Guatemalan.
 * *
A lady making up her hat/headdress, using colourful ribbon.






* *
GUATEMALA
(SANTIAGO ATITLAN DOLL,
wearing a traditional hat/headdress).

Carole
ENJOY!
 * *


No comments: